Warehouse Pallet Racking Systems
Pallet racking is a material handling storage system solution where materials are stored on pallets or skids in order to increase floor space and simplify inventory requirements. Centex Material Handling specializes in warehouse pallet racking systems with numerous options that vary in functionality and application. Regardless of the available space in your facility or your style of inventory management, pallet rack storage provides horizontal rows with multiple levels to store any and all materials. Pallet racking leads to a well-organized shop, factory, warehouse, or distribution center and improves the overall workflow and efficiency of any business.
Cantilever racks are best used for storing large, bulky, long or oddly-shaped loads that cannot be stored on traditional racking such as timber, trusses, pipes or plywood. Racking systems should be chosen depending on the weight and dimensions of the load being stored or the height of the rack itself.
Cantilever racking uses uprights secured to strong bases with arms and braces to provide stability and support long load items. Their design allows loads to be fitted on to the structure, forming open shelves that enable loads to be handled by lifting systems such as lift trucks, mobile cranes, stacker cranes, etc.
- Easy to assemble, install & reconfigure
- Simple, durable structure with excellent mobility
Clad rack warehouses are made up of any rack storage system as the main structure of the building. In this system, the racking not only supports the merchandise but the building structure as well. The maximum height of a clad rack warehouse structure is only limited by local building guidelines and the reach or height of stacker cranes or fork-life trucks.
- Enables maximum use of available surface area without wasting floor space
- Allows wide range of goods to be stored
- Compatible with conventional or automated systems
Conventional Pallet Racks
Conventional pallet racks are the most universal pallet racking systems for direct and single access to pallets. This pallet racking system is the best solution for saving space where heavy stock capacity is needed and a wide variety of SKUs (stock keeping units) are utilized. Rack heights and the working aisle measurement between each rack is only limited by the size of forklift trucks, lifting devices, pallet size and the height of the warehouse itself.
- Maximize control of stock & storage space
- Ensure safety & efficiency of workers to maximize profits & productivity
- Maximum adaptability to weight & volume of any load type
- Can be combined with long span beams for manual selection of goods
Drive-in racking is designed for the storage of homogenous products and accommodates large numbers of pallets for each SKU. It enables the highest use of available space in terms of both area and height. Two management systems are available: the drive-in system, with access to loads from only one side of the aisle, and the drive-through system, with access to loads from both sides of the aisle.
- Maximum profitability of available space (up to 85%)
- Removal of aisles between the ranking
- Rigorous control of entries & exits
- Allows for as many SKU’s as loading lanes
- Great for cold stores that require maximum use of space for storage of products in a controlled temperature
Push-back racks are ideal for storing medium-turnover products with two or more pallets per SKU. This accumulative storage system allows for four pallets to be stored per level, using the Last In First Out (LIFO) system. All pallet levels, except for the top one, are placed on a set of trolleys which are then pushed along rolling rails.
- Minimum loss of height space
- Each level can be used to store different SKU’s