Centex Material Handling supplies Austin and Central Texas with the largest inventory of hoists like electric chain, manual chain, hand chain, wire rope, food grade, explosion proof, intelligent lifting and hoist accessories. Our reliable hoists will safely lift and move heavy items throughout a warehouse facility or work site. We specialize in installations, maintenance, load testing, customization, repairs, modernization, and updates on almost all hoist brands. CMH distributes hoists from top manufactures such as Demag, Harrington Hoists, and Gorbel.
- Emergency Repair and 24 hour availability
- Repair most brands of hoists and cranes
- Crane & hoist parts for all brands
- Scheduled preventative maintenance service programs
- Certified proof load testing of cranes & hoists
- OSHA Certifications Inspections and testing for OSHA compliance
- Modernization, modification, and upgrades to existing crane systems
- Below the hook slings, spreader bars, lifting attachments
- Ergonomic, light capacity handling systems for assembly, warehouse and distribution handling
- Turnkey hoist systems
Wire Rope Hoist
Wire rope is a complex mechanical device that has many moving parts all working in tandem to help support and move an object or load. In the lifting and rigging industries, wire rope is attached to a crane or hoist and fitted with swivels, shackles or hooks to attach to a load and move it in a controlled matter.
Chain hoists use metal chain as the lifting medium and perform the lift by pulling the chain through sprockets and then deposit it into a container. Chain hoists are a popular choice because they’re reliable and economical. Chain hoists can be powered manually, electrically, or pneumatically.
- Ability to change the height of the lift by changing out the chain
- Compact, space-saving design with no drum
- Portable and can tolerate greater levels of abuse
- Capacity up to 25-tons (as standard design)
- Chain can last longer than wire rope
Wind Chain Hoist
The DC-Wind chain hoist has been proven in operation all over the world for the maintenance and service of wind turbines.
Its high lifting speeds enable it to cut maintenance and downtimes to a minimum – making a valuable contribution towards high availability and efficient operation. What other benefits does the DC-Wind chain hoist offer?
- Convenient operation
- High safety standard
- Simple transport of loads weighing up to 1,500 kg
- Hook paths up to 180 metres
- Variable attachment to a slewing arm or a travelling portal arrangement
Food Grade Hoist
NER-FG hoists come loaded with standard food grade features and can easily be coupled with our push, geared or motorized trolleys. Many additional food grade options are available to suit individual applications and requirements. This is the solution for any facility where incidental contact with product is a concern and are perfect for food processing or food packaging applications.
- Capacities 1/4 – 2 Ton
- Food grade oil and grease
- White epoxy paint for hoists, trolleys, hooks and suspenders
- Nickel-plated load chain
- Lubricants comply with FDA standards
- Many options available
Intelligent Lifting Hoist
Gorbel’s G-Force® Intelligent Lifting Devices enable operators to lift and maneuver naturally, as if the devices were an extension of their arms. There are two G-Force® models to choose from: the Q and the iQ. The Q model is our feature packed base model. It offers the same speed and precision as our higher-end iQ model, but without the added Input/Output features that the iQ offers. The iQ model offers a wealth of additional intelligence features.
G-Force® technology fills the void between traditional lifting devices and completely automated robotic solutions. These devices use the human’s intelligence and adaptability for guidance but the work is done by the device.
All of Gorbel’s G-Force Intelligent Lifting products come with float mode as a standard feature.
Explosion Proof Hoist
Harrington’s AS Series air hoists are Ex certified spark resistant (*Explosive atmospheres that require features that reduce the risk of spark) to level Ex II 2GD c T5 IIC T100°C and are in compliance with the EU ATEX Directive. These hoists are the solution for many hazardous conditions. Contact a qualified person to determine ATEX requirements for specific applications.
- Stainless steel load chain
- Stainless steel top and bottom hoo
- Stainless steel hook latches
- Stainless steel hardware
- Heavy-duty disc brake
- Reliable vane motor